Since the 1980s, consumers have enhanced their computer experience through purchased software. Within months the software became outdated! Today computer users experience immediate access to up-to-date programs through on-demand cloud applications. Here are Frankie’s “must-have apps.”
- 1.Gmail. Besides easy access anywhere, anytime – Gmail has an awesome spam filter, large storage amounts, an excellent search feature and HTTPS encryption to keep your mail secure.
- Google Calendar. Online calendaring is an excellent tool and Google’s calendar is extremely easy to use. It sends reminders to email and can be integrated with Microsoft and smartphones.
- Google Docs. No need to clog your hard disk with files and files of word documents and spreadsheets. Google docs is a free application that allows you to store, create, share and access documents, spreadsheets and presentations online.
- Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are excellent browsers known for speed, security and user-friendly navigation.
- Remember the Milk. Trying to remember what you have to get done this week? RememberTheMilk, a free app that can be integrated with smartphones, web browsers, and even Twitter, helps you organize your to do list, prioritize tasks, share tasks and even set reminders.
- Carbonite or Mozy. Both Carbonite and Mozy are excellent back up recovery services that allow you to select files and folders on your computer and safely back them up online. In the case of file corruption, accidental deletion or hardware failure, you may easily restore your backed up files from the web to the original computer or any another PC.
- CCleaner. CCleaner is a free system cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history.